||EU research project
ESPRIT - 29948
|ICT at work for the LSE Procurement Chain|
Why? - Deployment of
new IT tools and IT-enabled collaborative working procedures in LSE
industry is hampered by the project-oriented, one-of-a-kind nature of
business processes and by the fragmented organisational structure. This
has lead to inadequate exploitation of available technologies.
- PROCURE demonstrates a methodology for IT deployment through pilots in the LSE (Large Scale Engineering) industry.
Guidelines and training will be provided to the the staff of AEC projects.
Management guidelines will be provided for setting up IT-enabled collaborative working procedures.
Dissemination to the European AEC industry will be assured by extensive workshops and WWW-based demonstrator.
- PROCURE runs three parallel pilot projects.
The focus is on deploying ICT-support for collaborative working, product data sharing and knowledge re-use.
- The consortium consists of 5 industrial partners supported by 4 associated research and expert partners.
PROCURE combines leading expertise from 3 member states to support ICT deployment by 3 industrial collaborative groups.
- The partners will exploit the results readily in the pilots. Research
partners will spread the deployment methodology to their industrial
clientel. Dissemination of the results is to European AEC sector, with
a special focus on SMEs, the main supplier base of the partners'
industries. Other targeted groups are education organisations,
management consultants and IT vendors.
Time & cost?
- The duration of PROCURE is three years with a total budget of #.#MECU.
David Leonard, Taylor Woodrow Construction Ltd