ROADCON project main goal(s):
The overall aim of the ROADCON project, as an Accompanying Measure to develop a Strategic Roadmap for RTD projects and supporting measures in the Construction industry, is to prepare from a strategic point of view future research and development for ICT in Construction.
ROADCON project will:
- Establish a forum of key actors in the European Building Construction (B&C) sector composed of members contributing towards construction goals within and beyond FP6.
- Achieve consensus on common research and development priorities, realising tools, infrastructures and processes for design, construction and maintenance.
- Develop a vision for agile, model-based / knowledge driven construction and to indicate a roadmap towards achieving that vision.
- Suggest practical measures for developing, agreeing, promoting standards to be adopted by the industry.
- Set up a mechanism by which key indicators be defined, and collected as part of a systematic, ongoing impact analysis of RTD projects.
- Suggest methods to support the integrated initiative, and develop a new way of project working and co-ordination.
- Suggest methods for close co-operation of projects.
ROADCON project consists of 5 Work Packages:
- WP1: ROADCON Co-ordination and management
- WP2: Management Procedures for an Integrated Project
- WP3: Shared and global vision
- WP4: Construction ICT Framework
- WP5: The ROADCON roadmap