- End users should have experience in cost estimation of buildings and fair knowledge of IT.
- Applications like COVE suit for companies that are quite advanced in the use of IT.
- High performance PC with NT operating system is required (~130MB RAM, ~266MHz).
- Basic components of COVE are Design++, a knowledge based engineering system, and a CAD system such as AutoCad.
- The software needs to be configured for a user company and integrated with its cost databases and libraries of construction methods.
- Total cost is highly dependent of the extent of application development.
A very tentative cost range is 30.000 ECU or higher.
The total cost consists of
- PC hardware with operating system,
- software lisence of Design++,
- software lisence of CAD system e.g. AutoCad,
- application development / configuration / integration and