COMET Design Framework
The Design Framework is developed within the
COMET project "Customer Oriented Design Methods" of the
STAR research program "Systems Engineering in Construction" at VTT Building Technology.
- Design methodology
- framework describing the principles, methods and tools for customer oriented design.
- As a basis for the development of application specific tools.
- Technology transfer from other industries.
Impact on process lead time
Point of contact:
- Some of the shortening aspects:
- capturing of customer requirements early in the construction process
(fewer iterations at later stages of the process)
- eliminating of quality errors (less re-work)
- concurrent activities (reducing of unnecessary waiting).
Pekka Huovila, VTT Building Technology, P.O.Box 1801,
FIN-02044 VTT, Finland, Tel: +358 0 456 5903,
Fax: +358 0 456 6251, Email:
Updated 5.7.1995 by
Project Planning and Building Design research team,