HVAC Design Product Data Model
A HVAC application product data model is being developed within
PICTOR project "Product Model Evironment
for Construction Projects" of STAR
research program "System engineering in construction" at VTT
The purpose of HVAC product data model is to describe the information
requirements of a HVAC design application, and thus serve the integration
of an HVAC application to the product model environment.
- Product data models are needed for unambiguous definition and interpretation
of product information to be exchanged between product model applications.
- An integration of a HVAC application to the product modelling environment
is planned in the project.
- An HVAC product data model with scope of an HVAC application for early
- The HVAC model will be defined using EXPRESS/EXPRESS-G data definition languages.
- HVAC product data model serves the integration / data exchange between the HVAC
application and product model environment.
- The HVAC model can also be used as a general description for exchanging product
model data within its scope.
Impact on process lead time
- Integration and exchange of product model data between applications eliminates
the need for human interpretation, errors and rework in data exchange.
Point of contact:
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1804, FIN-02044 VTT, Finland
Tel: +358 0 456 4722, Fax: +358 0 455 2408
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Updated 30.6.1995 by
Kari Karstila ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,