Production Data Model
A production data model is being developed within
PICTOR project "Product Model Evironment
for Construction Projects" of STAR
research program "System engineering in construction" at VTT
The purpose of the production data model is to describe the information
equirements of construction planning applications, and thus serve the
integration of the planning applications to the product model environment.
- Product data models are needed for unambiguous definition and interpretation
of product information to be exchanged between product model applications.
- An integration of a construction planning applications to the product modelling
environment is planned in the project.
- A production data model with scope to exchange relevant product model data
from design to construction planning, and other information requirements of construction
- The production data model will be defined using EXPRESS/EXPRESS-G data
- The production data model serves the integration / data exchange between construction
planning applications and product model environment.
- The production data model can also be used as a general description for exchanging
product model data within its scope (e.g. exchanging building element quantity data
from design to planning).
Impact on process lead time
- Integration and exchange of product/production model data between applications
eliminates need for human interpretation, errors and rework in data exchange.
Point of contact:
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1802, FIN-33101 Tampere, Finland
Tel: +358-31-3163 3436, Fax: +358-31-3163 497
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Updated 30.6.1995 by
Kari Karstila ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,