Type of the project: Enterprise
Status 10/2002: Finished
YIT Oyj: http://www.yit.fi/
Jarmo Laitinen: email@example.com
The key areas of the project were:
- Development of the activities in the starting phase of construction process (briefing, integrated design and production planning based on the information produced in the earlier phases).
- Conversion of the client needs to performance requirements and later in the process to technical solutions.
- Producing alternative solutions and decision support to client, designers, YIT and suppliers.
- Estimation of lice cycle costs and environmental impacts of the project.
- Data transfer between partners based on the existing IAI/IFC/STEP definitions. The goal is to improve the possibilities of SME partners to join the use of new methods and
- The product data models developed in the Finnish RATAS projects are used as a reference model.
The view point of YIT is the management of briefing, design and planning processes:
- Cooperation with client and designers in early phases of the process: team work approach.
- Ability to offer to the client in early phases estimation of production costs, time and life cycle cost and
visualize alternative solutions.
- Utilize the model based tendering/estimation system developed in Eureka 1077, COCON project.
- Develop value analyzing tools in D++ software environment using the model based cost estimation of the COCON project.
- Develop data bases to meet requirements of D++ application to enable rough estimation.
- Develop tools for procurement planning
- Integrate tools for design, planning, cost estimation and procurement so that they can directly use data produced in different phases of the process.